Hello & Goodby, “So long, and Thanks for all the fish”
the Whirlpool Galaxy M51, Orion ED80 Telescope / D7000
Here we are
at the end
I have been enjoying a new facet of photography of late, no it doesn’t involve film, but does use some of the same lenses I use for my film cameras. It would be counter productive for me to do film. Yes it can be done, but why, other then the challenge and just to have bragging rights to say “I did it”. Well I will leave this idea to ferment on the back burner.
2016 in review;
- I completed refurbishing two (2) Large format cameras, 5×7 & 8×10
- tried, tested and use paper negatives & Positive paper photos
- Had heart issues, a short stay and procedure in the Hospital and I am back to 99%
- Raised a new Bird from egg to hand tamed
- a Whim diverted me to try my hand at Astro Photography, Deep Space Photography
- Learning everything I can pertaining to Long Exposure DSLR Astro Photography
- Got a spiffy Used telescope & Mount
- LOL all that STUFF that comes with a Telescope just to take photos of the stars
- OH NO . . . MORE STUFF for Astro Photography & More books to read
- PRACTICE . . . PRACTICE . . . PRACTICE . . .
- New Software? you betcha . . . More PRACTICE
2017 what’s coming;
- More Practice with processing the Astro photos
- mebbe a new telescope
- mebbe a modified DSLR camera
- mebbe a B&W specialty camera
- MORE PARACTICE
Seems that I have a new challenge and some new goals, but you know what! Life is fun and I enjoy a challenge. You can look forward to my successes and failings over this next year as I teach myself the art of Deep Space Astro Photography. The equipment I will use, the software I will use and the skills I will hopefully gain. LMAO and here I thought photographing all year from my kitchen window was a challenge, you remember all those hummingbirds in 2013. Well taking photos like those above have proved difficult, you want easy? go shoot star trails, or go out and do some light painting night photography . . . you’ll have much less frustration and 100% more success, as well as less money out of your pocket for taking your gal out or a pizza & 6 pack.
I will be doing some Spring Cleaning this year, some film cameras and lenses as well as some other photo gear will be finding new homes. I just have way to much SHHHHTUFF ! (that will be for another post).
Well kido’s, speaking of SHTUFF, I need get some things done . . . here is a photo of one iteration for doing Astro Photography. BTW that’s is the same lens I used in 2013 to photograph 90% of the hummingbirds from my kitchen window . . . ain’t it purdy?
and here is the other tool I am playing with . . .
That’s a wrap everyone . . . .
See you all NEXT YEAR.
now get off your duff and go make a few pix.
that Quote in the title ” So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish is the fourth book of the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy ‘cycle’ written by Douglas Adams.”